University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital Admission into School of Post Basic Nursing Studies 2019/2020 Academic Session
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nurses for admission into a 12-calendar month Post Basic Diploma Programme in Paediatric Nursing and Accident & Emergency Nursing.
Applicants for admission into these programmes must possess the following:
- SSCE with 5 credits not more than two sittings. These must Include English Language, Mathematics, Biology (not Health Science), Physics and Chemistry. A combination of NECO and WAEC is acceptable.
- Registered Nurse/Midwife with a minimum of one (1) year post qualification experience.
- B.NSc. with a PGDE is an added advantage. Selection of candidates will be base on academic qualifications, performance at the entrance examination and oral Interview.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should pay a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten thousand naira ) only to STERLING BANK (UPTH BRANCH) A/C No. 0008832930 for Paediatric Nursing Programme and STERLING BANK (UPTH BRANCH) A/C No. 0029875947 for Accident & Emergency Programme, and present the teller to the School Bursar, for the Issuance of an official receipt, and on presentation of evidence of such payment, obtain an application form from the Administration Office of the School of either Post Basic Paediatric Nursing or Post Basic Accident & Emergency Nursing, as the case may be.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Completed application forms, with photocopies of all relevant documents are to reach the Coordinator of the Programme of choice (Paediatric or Accident A Emergency), School of Post Basic Nursing Studies on or before Wednesday 31st July 2019.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION will hold in the SPBNS AUDITORIUM as follows:
- Tuesday 27th August, 2019 for Paediatric Nursing Programme
- Wednesday 28th August, 2019 for Accident & Emergency Nursing Programme
TIME: 10.00am prompt each day.
Applicants should bring along their writing materials for the examination. Mobile phones are not allowed into the examination hall.
Applicants are to bring along original copies of their certificates and valid practicing licenses for the interview on the same day.
You must log in to post a comment.