The State of the World’s Midwifery (SoWMy) 2021 is coming! The report will focus on the progress and future challenges to deliver effective coverage and quality midwifery services. This will be the third State of the World’s Midwifery report.
The SoWMy data 2021 will be collected via the WHO’s National Health Workforce Accounts (NHWA) data platform and now another set of data will be collected from the ICM Member Associations.
ICM and UNFPA ask that the Midwives’ Associations engage in and LEAD the collection of the data, with the support of the UNFPA Country offices where possible. All members can participate and there are no eligibility criteria except for the data to be valid.
We ask Member Associations to collect and submit the data via the survey. The survey has been divided into four shorter versions. There are a total of 82 questions. Don’t be discouraged!
The SoWMy 2021 data will also be shared on a redesigned ICM Global Midwives Association Map.
The data collection starts NOW!
- Read the ICM – UNFPA official letter for the ICM Members on SoWMy report 2021
- Read the SoWMy Concept Note
- Follow the data collection and submission process described in the instructional document
- Check the data validation letter templates for each survey for later to be signed by the MoU and other relevant authorities
- Finally, find below the link to the online surveys
- The printed version of the 4 mini surveys can be found in the surveys
- Midwifery Association Survey: https://arcg.is/0yvq94
- Midwifery Education Survey: https://arcg.is/0rHTTC
- Midwifery Leadership Survey: https://arcg.is/04bb8W
- Midwifery Regulation Survey: https://arcg.is/1erOCz
Deadline to submit the surveys: December 31, 2019