The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: RH Midwife
Location: Monguno, Borno
Scope of Work
* The Midwife is a member of the reproductive health team, and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of emergency reproductive health activities in Monguno according to IRC and donor work plans.
* Implement clinical activities in IRC supported health facilities (comprehensive women’s centers) and ensure that these are integrated with other sectors, especially women’s protection and empowerment (WPE) programs to ensure the best quality of care for survivors of gender-based violence.
* The Midwife will work to ensure the improved quality of family planning, post abortion are, maternal and neonatal care (including antenatal and postnatal care), case management of sexually transmitted diseases and the clinical care for sexual assault survivors. She will ensure the well-being of girls and women in Monguno both through the IRC supported facilities and through RH Services at community level.
* Direct service delivery to patients of the following: family planning, STI treatment, post-abortion care, ante-natal and post natal care, safe delivery and basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care (BEmONC), and clinical care for sexual assault survivors.
* Technical midwifery support, in line with protocols and guidelines.
* Provide an active input to the work plans, based on identified trends and needs.
* Apply technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in program activities.
* Assist the Medical Doctor for management of patients/clients and consult for any obstetric emergencies and or complications.
* Monitor program inventory levels of clinic supplies and drugs; perform monthly spot-checks on program inventory.
* Work with and provide timely technical support to the IRC’s implementing partners; maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner staff, services providers and patients.
* Provide trainings and adhere to universal precautions, waste management and other protocols.
Community based tasks:
* Support the community mobilization team in the sensitization of women, men, girls and boys to increased RH awareness and service utilization.
* Support the design of the community mobilization activity plan based on trends seen within the facilities
* Support the development of key RH messaging ensuring accuracy and cultural sensitivity.
* Explore possibilities of linking up RH community activities, and plan to reach ‘hard to reach’ pregnant women, FP clients, etc encouraging facility deliveries.
* Support medical team to organize regular assessment for the supportive staff e.g. cleaners, guards, etc.
Coordination & Representation:
* Ensure continuous integration of Reproductive Health and Women’s Protection and Empowerment activities within the comprehensive women’s center.
Key Working Relationships
* Position Reports to: CWC Integration Officer
* Indirect/Technical Reporting: RH Doctor (and RH Manager)
* Position directly Supervises: n/a
Key Internal Contacts:
* Country Program: WPE team, community mobilization team
* Qualified Nurse with Nursing diploma/certificate with a background in RH, BEmONC and community nursing;
* Trained in Family Planning (including Long Term Methods (insertion of implants & IUDs)); Post Abortion Care (including MVA).
* At least 2 years’ experience in a clinical setting;
* Experience working for an NGO in a similar position preferred.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
* Clear understanding of gender equality and gender issues for women and girls.
* Ability to maintain beneficiary confidentiality and respect at all times is essential.
* Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
* Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
* Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate other midwives, nursing staff and community health workers in their respective tasks.
* English and Hausa a must, Kanuri preferred
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
* Professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook – preferred.
* The position will work in the Monguno Field Office. The program site in Northern Nigeria. This is security level 3 – orange.
* Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Human Resources Coordinator” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Subject of the application should read: “RH Midwife, Monguno”.
Hand delivery applications should be submitted in Monguno Base office.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. However, indigenes from Monguno will be given priority
You must log in to post a comment.