In order to get practicing license in the healthcare sector in the State of Qatar, you need to apply for an online application for registration / evaluation through the Electronic Registration & Licensing System and complete all the requirements using the following QCHP website www.qchp.org.qa
- Your online application should be through an Employer/potential employer in the State of Qatar (you will not be able to apply for registration request without an employer in Qatar).
- For more information on how to use the electronic registration/licensing system, please check the following link on the QCHP website http://www.qchp.org.qa/en/Pages/HowToRegisterToPracticeInQatar.aspx
- To find all about the Registration / Evaluation requirements, please check the guidelines at the following link on the QCHP website http://www.qchp.org.qa/en/Pages/HowToRegisterToPracticeInQatar.aspx
- To find all about the qualifying examination (Prometric), please check the following link on the QCHP website http://www.qchp.org.qa/en/Pages/QualifyingExamination.aspx
- To find all about the primary source verification, please check the following link on the QCHP website http://www.qchp.org.qa/en/Pages/PrimarysourceVerification.aspx
- No practitioner is allowed to practice before receiving their medical license from QCHP; otherwise the licensing application will be rejected, and the institution and practitioner will face disciplinary actions.
- Please follow up with your employer or potential employer’s focal point concerning the registration / evaluation process and in case you need to check your delayed application status (if any).
Kindly find below the types of request that can be applied though the registration & Licensing Electronic System:
(Starting from the request submission date after payment)
|Type of Request|
|25 working days||Evaluation|
|20 working days||Licensing|
|15 working days||License Renewal|
|15 working days||Change Place of Work|
|15 working days||Change Scope of Practice|
|25 working days||Certificate of Good Standing covering the work experience spent in the State of Qatar|
- Please use the following link on the QCHP website in order to find the requirements and the process of each of the above mentioned requests by checking the guideline of your profession. http://www.qchp.org.qa/en/Pages/HowToRegisterToPracticeInQatar.aspx
- For any technical issue in using the Electronic Registration & Licensing System please contact our System Help Desk Officer on the following contact details: email@example.com Telephone number: 44070279.
The Evaluation, Licensing and License Renewal fees change depending on the profession and scope of practice as shown in the below noted table, knowing that the license validity is 2 years starting from the issuing date and that it is prohibited for any practitioner to practice without license or with an expired license:
|Profession||Request Type||Request Fees (QR)|
|General Scope Physician||
|General Scope Dentist||
|Allied Health Practitioner||
Can the evaluation and the primary source verification processes be done without the candidate physically present in Doha?
Yes, a large part of the registration and licensing process can be done while the applicant remains in their home country. For example, the primary source verification application can be completed and submitted by using the electronic verification system, Qualifying examination (if required) can be taken in one of 10,000 test centers located in over 100 countries around the world, and the evaluation application can be completed and submitted by the employer locally while the applicant is still outside Qatar. However, some evaluation requirements (for example an assessment interview) will require the presence of the applicant in the State of Qatar. In addition, the licensing process will also require the presence of the applicant in the State of Qatar.