IS OET clubbing accepted in UK? The answer is absolutely Yes! The regulatory board for the Nursing and Midwifery profession in the UK now accept combining OET results in two sittings. Below is the details of the OET requirement and combination.
Occupational English Test (OET)
We’ll accept an OET examination certificate that confirms you achieved:
- at least a grade C+ in the writing section
- at least a grade B in the reading, listening and speaking sections.
We updated this requirement on Tuesday 28 January 2020.
Combining OET test scores
You can achieve the required mark across two test sittings if:
- you sit the tests within six months of each other
- you’re tested in all four sections at the same time
- all grades in both sittings are above grade C+, and
- you achieve at least a grade C+ in the writing section and at least a grade B in the reading, listening and speaking sections in either of the two test sittings.
Examples of Acceptable OET clubbing:
Combined OET scores: Accepted
The applicant has scored at least grade B in the listening, speaking and reading sections and at least grade C+ in the writing section in either of the two test sittings, and no score is lower than grade C+.
Combined OET scores: Not accepted
This application would not be accepted. The applicant has scored lower than grade C+.
Submitting your evidence
If you’re submitting an OET certificate as part of your application, you’ll need to give us permission to verify your results through your myOET account.