I am excited that you are interested in pursuing a Nursing degree at National Open University Of Nigeria NOUN. Nursing is a discipline, a profession, and a service.
This article is basically all about the requirements for admission into Nursing schools in NOUN. I realize that many students who are aspiring to pursue a career in Nursing lack the general knowledge about the nursing career, NOUN nursing programme, admission requirements and how to enroll to study nursing in NOUN.
What Is Nursing?
Nursing is a profession within the health care sector that focus on the care of individuals, families and communities. As we all know, the ratio of nurses to patients in Nigeria is very low compare to other advanced countries. Hence, the rush for the services of nurses in Nigeria.
What do nurses do? They save lives, prevent complications and prevent sufferings of patients. Just like Doctors, nurses are indispensable sets of people we can not do without.
Admission Requirements For Nursing Programme in NOUN
NOUN nursing programme is an accredited program, so you don’t need to worry about completing your nursing program at the university. Your degree award is safe and secured.
NOUN offered admission into nursing programme without JAMB, in other words, you don’t need to pass or sit for jamb before you can apply.
1. Admission is available for 100 Level only.
2. A minimum of 5 credits in O’ levels.
3. Compulsory courses required in O’levels are Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
4. Registered Nurse Licence/Certificate is required.
5. Duration of study: Five (5) Calendar years with one year internship in a recognized health care institution.
6. Registration obtained: Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Midwife (RM), Registered Public Health Nurse (RPHN) and Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN).
7. Academic qualification: Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree (B.N.sc)
Special Admission Consideration(s)