The UK Nursing and Midwifery Council has finally released the new English language guideline for those who want to club. Below is the summary of everything you need to know about UK NMC IELTS/OET requirements:
The IELTS/OET requirement still stand as it is as shown below:
If you however you didn’t pass at once, you can combine if you meet the following conditions:
1. You sit for the second exam within 12 months of sitting for the first exam
2. You meet the minimum English requirements when you combined the two results
3. You get no less than 0.5 (IELTS) or half a grade (OET) below the required score for every domain.
UK NMC English Language Exemption
If you are already in the UK and working with an employer, you can apply for exemption by providing a letter from your employer. To qualify for exemption you must meet the requirements below:
1. You must sit for IELTS/OET and narrowly miss out on a score in one of the four domains by 0.5 in the IELTS (6 for writing and 6.5 in the other domains) or half a grade in the OET (C / 250 or above in writing and C+ / 300 or above in the other domains); or
2. You were trained and assessed in English in a country where English is not a majority spoken language.
3. You must have worked in the UK for at least one year
If you have any question or clarification, login and drop your question