Composition of THE GOVERNING COUNCIL/BOARD OF THE NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL OF NIGERIA
The Board members are as follows;
1. Chairman must be a nurse
2. The Head, Nursing Services FMOH – Member
3. Four (4) Heads of Nursing Services in a State Ministry of Health:
4. Two (2) Heads of Nursing Services of the University Teaching Hospitals in the country:
5. Two (2) Nurses from the Faculty of Nursing :
6. Four (4) Tutors from Schools of Nursing, Midwifery, Psychiatric and Public Health:
7. Two (2) persons to represent Nursing and Midwifery Association:
8. One (1) person who is an adviser on Secondary Education from Federal Ministry of Education Member:
9. Two (2) persons to rep. public interest:
10. Two (2) persons to rep. universities offering degree programmes in nursing:
11. One (1) registered Obstetric & Gynecologist
Names of members of the Governing Board of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria for 2020 to 2023.
1. Dr, (Mrs) Bola Ofi (Chairman)
2. Mrs Veronica Okolo
3. Comrade Abdrafiu A. Adeniji,
4. Comrade T. A. Shettima,
5. Mr. Aminu Bello Abdullahi
6. Mrs. Ajayi Olubukunola
7. Mrs. Agbo Stella Onyeamaka
8. Safiya Yusuf Idris
9. Mrs. Maymunat A. Abubakar,
10. Dr. Obute Pauline Binang.
11. Mr. Idris Zubairu,
12. Mrs. Enunwaonye Chimdi H.
13. Mr.Danladi Adamu,
14. Prof. Ajibade Bayo Lawal,
15. Dr. Abdurrahman
16. Muhammad Sani,
17. Mr. Maigari Babaji
18. Mrs. Akpoyovwere Obataze J.
19. Dr. Joy O. Agbara,
20. Mrs. Florence Okafor,
21. Mr. Umar Fodio
22. Mr. Sunday Idubor.