Below is the list of universities offering
Masters and PhD in Nursing in Nigeria. It may not be the complete list but can serve as a guide to those interested.
1. Bachelor degree in Nursing with a minimum CGPA of 3. 5 on a scale of 5 (but some schools may accept 3.0)
2. Five O level credit pass at not more than 2 sittings
3. Registration with NMCN
4. Transcript from the University you graduated from
5. Recommendation letters from your former lecturer or HOD (some schools might request for two)
6. Research proposal for PhD (some might not require)
7. NYSC certificate
Above are the general requirements it might be more than this in some schools so check the school application requirements before you apply.
Nursing specialties at Masters level
Below are the specialties you can earn your masters or PhD in Nursing from in Nigeria.
1. Maternal & Child Health Nursing;
2. Medical Surgical Nursing;
3. Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing;
4. Nursing Administration & Management
5. Nursing Education.
6 Community Health Nursing
Note that not all these universities run all these specialties ; some run like 2 while others may run more or run all
1. University of Calabar – Masters degree
2. University of Nigeria, Nsukka – Masters and PhD
3. University of Benin – Masters and PhD
4. Niger Delta University – PGD and Masters
5. Nnamdi Azikiwe University – PGD, Masters and PhD
6. University of Ibadan – Masters and PhD
7. Obafemi Awolowo University Ife – Masters and PhD
8. Babcock University Ilishan Remo – Masters
9. Ahmadu Bello University – Masters and PhD
Advice : The young Nurses and determined older Nurses are implored to continue to advance themselves academically in order to still retain their relevance in Nursing.
We never had concrete advisers during our time thus the several delays we had. Education is difficult and will take chunks out of your savings but you can do it if you’re determined, and you will be the better for it in the long run.
Wish you good luck in all your academic endeavours.
Enjoy a blessed morning
Wtitten by Lateef Yusuf Mary
You must log in to post a comment.