For Police Character Certificate
- Go to the website https://possap.gov.ng/
- Select login/sign up -then click on sign up
- Select the box before individual
- For Identification type select either NIN or BVN based on what is you currently have with you. If you can’t remeber either of them dial 346# to check your NIN and #5650# to check your BVN.
- Supply your number and click Proceed. This will verify your details and you wil be able to proceed. If however your detail is incorrect, you won’t be able to proceed beyond this level.
- On the next page complete the form by supplying your gender, state of origin, LGA, your address, phone number and your username and password.
- A Verification code will be sent to your email and phone number so it is important to input the right email and phone number.
- Input the verification code and click ok then -login with your email and password just created.
- Select service type, individual then police character certificate
- Click on proceed button, all the information earlier filled will be displayed and you can then click on proceed, accept the terms and conditions.
- Request type: Pick International
- Reason for enquiry: Select traveling or select as appropriate
- Fill-in destination country eg UK or Canada
-Place of issue of international passport
-Date of issue of international passport
-Have you previously been convicted yes or no click as appropriate
-Upload current passport photograph (2MB max)
-Upload international passport data page (2 MB Max)
-Select Police Command to request character certificate
Click generate invoice
Select pay online
(copy and keep payment reference receipt to make payment)
-Enter card details and make payment
-Click on make payment option for option of transfer/USSD
- The Nigeria Police Force reserves the right to approve or deny your request based on its guidelines or availability of resources.
- You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee.
- If approved, you will be required to pay a fee for this service (application processing).
- Approved request requires at least 24 hours for processing and issuance.
- Enquiries can be made through the following email@example.com or call: 018884040.