Cme Hours For Saudi Council Renewal
Here are CME hours for Saudi Council renewal of license for nurses, doctors, technicians and other allied health practitioners.
Physicians and dentists are to present 30 hours CME for 1 year which translates to 90 hours in 3years or 150 hours in 5 years.
Nurses are to produce 15 cme hours for Saudi Council renewal per year while pharmacists and other allied medical specialties are to present 20 hours per year. Technicians however are to present 10 hours per year.
List of those exempted from CME Hours for Saudi Council Renewal
The health practitioners who are exempted from the condition of obtaining CME Hours for Saudi Council Renewal are:
1. Health practitioners who are registered in postgraduate training programs
2. Health and patient assistants
3. Optical lab technicians
4. Health management technicians
5. Medical records technicians
6. Medical secretariat technicians
7. Medical equipment and health inspector technicians
8. Environmental technicians
9. Non-practicing health practitioners
Instructions for Health Practitioners attending CME Hours for Saudi Council Renewal
1. Ensure that the activity is accredited by SCFHS by visiting the website, and check the information related to the activity (name, venue and date)
2. The activity should be in line with the practitioner field of specialty
3. Ensure that the CME hours obtained are in accordance with the specific categories
4. Attendance shall be for the whole period of the activity according to the period accredited by SCFHS
5. In the case of departmental activities, SCFHS shall suffice itself with the letter or certificate issued by the academic affairs or department head that includes the number and date of accreditation in addition to the activity’s actual attendance hours during the year
6. Handwritten or scanned certificates shall not be accepted by SCFHS
7. The health practitioner shall be entitled to attend the accredited activity only once
8. All the provisions mentioned above shall apply to attending activities conducted outside KSA provided that they are provided by accredited scientific health institutions. The health practitioner shall bring an attendance certificate that includes the number of accredited hours or enclose the scientific program of the activity
For more information check SCHS website
You must log in to post a comment.