NGO Nursing Jobs in Nigeria
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children.
The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
Langdon-Davies conceived the idea of a personal relationship between a child and a sponsor – a model that puts the child at the centre, and remains the core of what we do.
* The Nurse will facilitate the setting up of information desk at the women and girls center where adolescent and women of reproductive age can access Sexual Reproductive Health information.
* Provides nursing advice to patients; administers medications and performs assessments.
* Provide clinical case management services to survivors of SGBV
* Will assist survivors to gain access to needed medical, social, educational and other services.
* Promotes the control of communicable disease by early detection and preventive treatment.
* Identify and refer SGBV cases.
* Makes home visits to follow up on identified at-risk mother and infants; teaches parenting skills.
* Functions as an "On-Call" nurse to give information and make appropriate referrals by telephone.
* Explains physician's instructions and recommendations to patient and patient's families.
* Promotes preventative medicine by providing health education and conducting presentations.
* Provide grief counselling to parents in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
* Engage in outreach and other activities to enhance services to Medical beneficiaries.
Application Closing Date:
9 November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested persons application should be submitted to Nigeria.firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Environment and Demands
Based in Mubi, Adamawa state with extensive travels to lead and supervise project activities for selected communities in Askira Uba, Madagali, Michika, Hong, Mubi South and Mubi North.
Level of Contact with Children:
High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.