ICRC Recruitment 2017/2018
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Mubi Office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Position: Protection Field Officer
Location: Mubi Office
* Responsible for the implementation of Protection (mainly Restoring Family Links) activities in her/ his Area of Responsibility(AoR)
* Participates in the analysis of the security situation and humanitarian issues.
* Identifies protection problems and ensures proper treatment of enquiries following family separation, violations of International Humanitarian Law and other humanitarian consequences of the conflict, violence or natural disasters
* Participates in networking and dialogue with relevant interlocutors, ensures interaction with other departments (Assistance, Prevention and Cooperation), Sub-delegations and offices, the Nigeria Red Cross Society and other external contacts.
* Contributes to the reporting of violent incidents and Health Care in Danger incidents tables.
* Acts as a source of information in the AoR for Communication, Cooperation departments and Management or Delegates. Advises, and guides them in their networking activities.
* University degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Law, Political Science or a relevant related field
* 4 years of working experience in the humanitarian or the human rights sector
* Excellent written and spoken English, Hausa, Kanuri (Shuaa-Arab and French an asset)
* Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
* Good knowledge of the area in the North-East – Adamawa, Southern Borno – (Political, cultural and geographical)
* Team-work oriented, sound communication skills, familiar with protocol and official diplomatic communication
* Very good communication and inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others (colleagues, beneficiaries, authorities)
* Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
* Leadership skills with ability to manage and supervise tasks with effectiveness as per the set priorities
* Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary
* Capacity to carry out activities and manage files of importance in the field of ICRC Protection activities (RFL, PCP and Missing).
* Staff management capacity and very good team spirit
* Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters effectively
* Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and procedures
* Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes and deal with important volume of work
* Punctual, reliable, confirmed organizational skills
* Sound analytical skills
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Protection field Officer Mubi” as the subject of your application
* Application intended for this role without the above subject will not be treated
* Late application will not be considered
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
* However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
* The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.