HAAD Requirements for Nurses 2016/2017
Good day great Nurses and welcome to my blog. This is the first post in a series of a complete guide to nurse registration with the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi. I hope you will stick around and check other posts to be able to grasp full understanding of the procedure for nurse registration before you embark on the journey.
Back to the topic, HAAD recently changed it HAAD requirements for registration for overseas trained nurses but it hasn’t been communicated yet. However this post is based on the new HAAD requirements based on those who processed their registration with HAAD in November/December 2016.
HAAD REQUIREMENTS for Nurses 2016/2017
Below are the HAAD requirements for Nurse Registration:
– Bachelor degree in Nursing from an accredited university (Note that 3years diploma in Nursing program now qualifies you as Practical Nurse and not registered nurse)
– A valid nursing practicing license from your country
– 2 years post registration experience ( Note that if you have a 3 year diploma in Nursing before and you now proceed to have your Bachelor degree in Nursing, the 2 years start counting after your degree)
– A valid Basic Life support certificate/License. You may also need ACLS or PALS based on your specialty
HAAD DATAFLOW REQUIREMENTS FOR NURSES
If you are qualified to apply for registration, you will need to do so through a verification company called dataflow. Below are the additional HAAD requirements and documents you must provide before you can start the dataflow verification:
– Your secondary or high school diploma
– Your degree certificate with certificate of authentication and verification (CAV)
– Transcripts from the school you graduated from with certificate of authentication and verification (CAV)
– Your nursing board/council certificate
– A copy of your license or board rating and PRC ID ( for Filipino Nurses)
– Certificate of Good Standing from your nursing board which must be 6 months valid.
– Certificate of employment from your employer
– Passport copy/international passport
– Passport photograph (Recent)
– If you have a sponsor then Sponsoring facility declaration form (Available for download when you start your application)
– Letter of authorization (Available for download when you start your application)
– Security form (Available for download when you start your application)
Those are the HAAD requirements for nurses in 2016/2017 and haad dataflow requirements for nurses. If you have any question you can drop it in the comment box below