The Distance Learning (DLI) Residential Programme for 2018/2019 academic session has been scheduled as follows:
ARRIVAL OF DLI STUDENTS FOR RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME
2018/2019 DLI Residential Programme will commence from Monday, 18th November, 2019 and ends on Sunday, 29th December, 2019.
All DLI Students are expected to complete their course registration for the 2018/2019 session on or before Friday, November 8, 2019. Upon completion of the course registration, the ‘Hostel Application Button’ will be enabled for allocation of hostel bedspace. Upon resumption, students are expected to report at the hostel with the print-out of the accommodation slip between Tuesday, 12th November, 2019 for years 3 —6, and Tuesday, 3rd December, 2019 for years 1 & 2.
Each student should report in his/her allocated Hall of Residence with the following documents:
- Receipt of payment of full service charge for the current session
- Two copies of Online printed Accommodation Slip.
- Evidence of registration with the University Medical Centre.
- Sunday, 17th November, 2019 – Years 3 – 6 students move into Halls of Residence
- Monday, 18th November to Saturday, 23rd November, 2019-Years 3 – 6, Lecture mop up
- Monday, 25th November; 2019 – Examination commences for Years 3 — 6 students
- Saturday, 7th December, 2019 – Examination ends for Years 3 — 6 students
- Sunday, 8th December, 2019 – Years 3 – 6 students vacate Halls of Residence
- Sunday, 8th December; 2019 – Years 1 & 2 students move into Halls of Residence
- Monday, 9th December to Saturday, 14th December, 2019 – Years 1 & 2, Lecture mop up
- Monday, 16th December, 2019 – Examination commences for Years 1 & 2 students
- Saturday, 28th December, 2019 – Examination ends for Years 1 & 2 students
- Sunday, 29th December; 2019 – Years 1 & 2 students vacate Halls of Residence and end of Residential Programme
OTHER EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
- Returning students are to complete payment of fees on or before Friday, November 1, 2019.
- New students are to complete payment of fees on or before Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
- Registration for courses for Years 1 — 6 students ends on Monday, November 11, 2019.
- Students are required to come to the examination centre with one (1) recent passport photograph for each of the registered courses. The passport photographs must be the same used to register for the current academic session.
- Examination docket would be enabled for printing as from Monday,18th November, 2019.
- Final year Project defence will commence (for those who have completed registration) from Monday, 9th December to Saturday, 14th December, 2019.
Note that ONLY students of the Institute who are fully registered will be allowed to write examination. Unregistered students who sit for the examination will have their results nullified.
- Students are advised to visit DLI website for the Examination Time-Table.
- Students are encouraged to leave their cars at the hall of residence allocated to them during the Residential Programme. The DLI and its axis has no provision for students to park their vehicles.
SPECIAL PLEA TO EMPLOYERS
THE DISTANCE LEARNING INSTITUTE (DLI) MANAGEMENT APPEALS TO EMPLOYERS TO KINDLY RELEASE THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WHO ARE DLI STUDENTS. THIS IS TO ENABLE THEM PARTICIPATE IN THE FORTH-COMING RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME, DURING WHICH THE 2018/2019 SESSIONAL EXAMINATION WILL BE CONDUCTED.
RESIDENTIAL CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR 2018/2019 SESSION
YEARS 3 TO 6 (NOVEMBER – DECEMBER, 2019)
|1||Sunday||17th November,2019||Years 3 to 6 students move into the Halls of Residence|
|2||Monday to Saturday||18th November to 23rd November, 2019||(i) Revision period (ii) Years 3-6 to collect identification cards|
|3||Monday||25th November, 2019||Examination commences for Years 3-6|
|4||Saturday||7th December, 2019||Examination ends for Years 3-6|
|5||Sunday||8th December, 2019||Students vacate the Halls of Residence|
YEARS 1 AND 2 (DECEMBER, 2019)
|1||Sunday||8th December,2019||Years 1 & 2 students move into the Halls of Residence|
|2||Monday to Saturday||9th to 14th December, 2019||(i) Revision period (ii) Years 1& 2 to collect identification cards|
|3||Monday||16th December, 2019||Examination commences for Years 1 &2|
|4||Saturday||28th December, 2019||Examination ends for Years 1 &2|
|5||Sunday||29th December, 2019||Students vacate the Halls of Residence|
NO EXAMINATION ON 24TH, 25Th AND 26TH DECEMBER,2019
Oladejo Azeez, Esq
Registrar and Security to Council